Regina, the third of the eleven children (six girls and five boys) of Mary and John Nanakal of Kunjithai Kerala, was born on 9th May 1926. She was baptized on 17th May at Our Lady of Snow Church, Palliport. Regina made her First Profession on 20th April 1954 at St. Teresa’s Convent Ernakulam and received the name Sr. Mary Rosemund of the Holy Angels. Her Final Commitment was at Carmel Convent Giridih on 28th December 1958.
From 1957 to 1964 Sr. Rosemund worked in our early mission area of Chakkai, Bihar, at St. Philomena’s Convent. Sister learnt Santali, the language of the palace and also Hindi in order to equip herself to minister to the people there.
In Kerala Sr. Rosemund has worked in many of our convents. She was a trained teacher under the State Board of Travancore. Sister has served our Institute as a teacher, animator, procurator, warden etc. Sr. Rosemund was soft- spoken and had an engaging smile.