First General Chapter
The Foundress, Mother Teresa of St. Rose of Lima died in 1902. From 1902-1922, Dr. Bernard OCD, the Archbishop of Verapoly was, in one way or the other, the administrator of the convent. There were local superiors, yet permission had to be obtained from him, even for minute details.
The first General Chapter was held in April 1922, at St. Teresa’s Convent Ernakulam. Sr. Veronica was elected as the first Superior General. With the election of the Superior General and Council, St. Teresa’s Convent became a Congregation.